Our science curriculum is concerned with increasing pupils’ knowledge and understanding of our world and developing the children’s skills associated with science, as a process of enquiry. Our curriculum offer develops natural curiosity, encourages a respect of living organisms and physical environments and provides opportunities for the critical evaluation of evidence.
Our science teaching offers our children opportunities to:
- Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics.
- Develop an understanding of nature, processes and methods of science through different types of scientific enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around themselves.
- Be equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
- Develop the essential scientific enquiry skills to deepen their scientific knowledge.
- Use a range of methods to present their scientific information.
- Develop a respect for the materials and equipment that they handle, with regard to their own, and other children’s safety.
- Develop an enthusiasm and enjoyment of scientific learning and discovery.
We recognise the importance of science in the daily lives of our children and in doing so, we encourage the children to be highly inquisitive throughout their time at our school and in preparing them for their education beyond their primary years.