Key documents for parents
- Absence Request form Oct 18
- Administration of Medicines form
- Hemyock admissions policy 2020/21
- Hemyock Admission Policy 2019/2020
- Certificate of incorporation
- Free School Meals Form
- Ofsted Report – 2016
- Pupil Premium September 2018
- School Day
- SEND Parent Leaflet
- SEND information report updated 18-19
- Sports Premium – planned spend 2017-18
- Term dates 2018-19
- Uniform Code
- Uniform order form 2018-2019
Overview of the curriculum at Hemyock
Please refer to class letters for further details of our curriculum provision term by term for each year group. Class letters can be found under our children’s page and select a class.
Reading at our school is taught through Systematic Synthetic Phonics. Our children in Key Stage 1 are taught phonics daily using the Letters and Sounds Scheme.
We use a variety of reading schemes to teach reading. Our children take part in weekly guided reading sessions, where they apply their phonics learning alongside a variety of other reading skills.
Our Key Stage 2 children continue to be taught to read in weekly guided reading sessions.
We foster a love of reading at our school and our children are encouraged t0 read a range of books. All our children have access to our school library where they can choose books for enjoyment.
Where children are not making the appropriate progress in reading, regular interventions are put in place.